God is Light, God is Love
Only the Creator of all things and He who is just and full of love is the true God. Idols or “gods” made by man are false gods because anything made by man must be inferior to man. According to statistics, most scientists believe in the existence of God.
- From observing the wonderful design of the universe and the human body, we know that there must be a God who is very wise. This Creator is a fantastic designer.
- From observing the precise rotation and movement of the Earth for millions of years, we know that there must be an almighty God. He uses His unending power to control and uphold the universe.
- From the fulfillment of numerous Bible prophecies, we know that there must be an all-knowing God who holds the future in His hand. His perfect plan for man and the universe will come to pass.
From the millions of Christians who have experienced God answering their prayers and blessing them, we know that there is a God who loves and cares for us personally.
God loves you dearly!
1 He wants you to become His child and to enjoy an abundant life.
The Bible says,
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son (Jesus Christ), that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”
“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
An abundant life is one that is joyful, meaningful, loving, victorious and helpful to many people.
“Light” in the picture represents God, for God is pure, holy and just. Also, light gives forth warmth, representing God’s love and care towards us.
But why is it that so many people still haven’t enjoyed God’s love and an abundant life?
The wages of sin is death
Your sins have separated you from your God
- We cannot enjoy the happiness, peace, strength and abundant life that God longs to give us (the wall of sin separating us from God).
- We are lost in emptiness and misery (we shed tears).
- We are bound by our sins. We have no real freedom (the chains).
- We do not know the meaning of life and are ever searching in darkness (the shadow).
- One day, we will have to stand before the righteous judgement of God (the eternal fire).
2 Sins separate us from the loving God. Sins hinder us from enjoying the abundant life.
The Bible says,
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
“None is righteous, no, not one.”
What is sin?
Sins are offences against our own conscience, against the principle of love, or which are unjust, such as hating, lying, envying, cheating, backbiting or gratifying our sinful desires.
The root of sin is that we love darkness rather than light; stubbornly indulging in sins, refusing to accept the Lord Jesus as our Saviour, and not relying on His mighty power to live a joyful, loving and meaningful life.
What are the consequences of sinning?
The Bible says,
“The wages of sin is death.”
We receive wages for our work. In the same way, when we sin, we receive the wages due to us; that is we have to bear the results of our sins.
What is sin?
- The Bible tells us that committing sins brings sufferings to our hearts and minds. For example, if we hate others or get angry without a cause or are jealous of others, won’t our hearts feel miserable?
- Committing sins will bring condemnation to our conscience.
- Committing sins will affect our bodies and damage our health. For instance, anger will cause faster heart beat and higher blood pressure. Sometimes it will even bring about rupturing of blood vessels which is hazardous to life. Illicit sexual relationships may cause venereal disease. Even telling lies will increase blood pressure and cause sweating.
- Committing sins will corrupt our character and habits.
- But the most terrible result of sinning is our separation from God who loves us so much, and this is the root of our sufferings and emptiness.
The Bible says,
“Your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God.”
If I offend you unreasonably, naturally there will be a barrier between us. Similarly, if we disregard God and stubbornly continue sinning, we will be separated from God who is holy. When the electricity supply of a light bulb is cut off, immediately there will be no light.
In the same way, when our sins separate us from God, there will be several consequences:
- Certainly we cannot enjoy the happiness given by God but rather will fall into the pit of emptiness, sadness and loneliness.
- We cannot enjoy power from God, so we lack the strength to control ourselves and sin knowingly. We will be struggling in the mire of sin but can never get real freedom.
- Our life will become meaningless. We will be ever searching in darkness because only God, who is the Creator and Designer of the universe and our life, can show us the meaning of life.
- We will be afraid of death and the coming judgement because our conscience knows that the all-ruling God is righteous and will judge every one of us according to our deeds.
The Bible says,
“The wages of sin is death,”
“And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.”
At the time of judgement, every sinful deed of man will be exposed in the limelight of God’s holiness and will be judged righteously by God. All unforgiven sinners will be separated from God, and suffer in hell forever and ever.
Dear friend, read on! The following pages will tell you the only way of salvation.
“But He was pierced for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His wounds we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.”
“But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
3The Lord Jesus died for us. He bore and took away our sins so that we can enjoy the abundant life.
Though man sins greatly, God still loves us deeply and prepared for us the only way of salvation.
“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
The Bible says,
“All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord (the heavenly Father) has laid on Him (the Lord Jesus) the iniquity of us all.” “But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
The Lord Jesus is the beloved and only begotten Son of God. He is the Creator of all things. He came to this world for the following purposes:
- To manifest the love, righteousness, and perfect character of God that we may know the heavenly Father.
- He went from place to place doing good, helping, healing, teaching, and leading people back to the bosom of God.
- But the most important thing that Jesus did was to bear for us God’s punishment of our sins. As it is man who has sinned, the Lord must become a human being Himself to have a body of flesh and blood so that He could bear the punishment – to bleed and die for us that we may be forgiven.
See, how great is the love of Jesus towards us!
See, how deep and bitter was His suffering for us!
His back was torn terribly by whipping. When He was hung on the cross, He suffered all manner of shame and pain. His body bled and dried up gradually. It can be said that every part of His body was in agony. But the most terrible suffering was that He was punished and forsaken by God to bear our numerous sins. His heart and spirit was in the greatest pain. His suffering was so great that even His heart was wounded. Dear friend, He truly loved us so much that He endured the terrible wrath and punishment from God for our sakes.
Dear friend, throughout the whole universe, no one can fully comprehend His love for us.
Long ago in Russia, a general issued a decree in his province stating that any person violating the decree would be whipped a hundred times. It so happened that the general’s mother was the first to violate the decree. What a dilemma for him to face!
He did not know what to do! At last, he ordered his soldiers to carry out the punishment. Yet before the whipping fell upon his dear mother, the general pushed her aside and took her place. Then upon his back fell the hundred lashes. In this way, his mother was peacefully exempted from the painful punishment, yet the dignity of the law was maintained. No one could say that the general was playing favouritism, not carrying out the law, or that he was unrighteous. The general was both righteous and loving at the same time.
But the Son of God not only took our place at the whipping, He also took our place on the cross. He bore our sins and was forsaken by God. He bore all our sins so that whoever receives Him as Saviour can have complete forgiveness and be washed whiter than snow. How can we reject His love?
The Lord Jesus was resurrected on the third day after His death. He wants to hold your hand and mine to walk through the journey of life. He wants to accompany us forever. He is now living, listening to and answering millions of prayers from all those who belong to Him. He cares for us, teaching and changing us to be more like Him each day.
Knowing and understanding the above Gospel is not enough, you must show your response.
4 We must confess our sins to God and accept the Lord Jesus to be our Saviour. Doing this, we will immediately receive complete forgiveness, become a child of God, and begin to enjoy the abundant life.
We must confess our sins
The Bible says,
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
We must receive the Lord Jesus as our Saviour
The Bible says,
“But to all who did receive Him (Jesus), who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.”
Confessing our sins means that we have decided to depart from the sinful and meaningless life, asking the Lord Jesus to forgive all our sins, and gladly relying on the might and help of the Lord that by His power we may live a life of joy and holiness.
When we confess our sins, God will immediately forgive all our sins. At the same time, many other blessings will come upon us:
- At once all our sins are forgiven completely. We will never come under the judgement and condemnation of sin. We will have peace in our hearts.
- Immediately we become the children of God and are able to enjoy the great love and care of the heavenly Father.
- The Holy Spirit immediately dwells in our hearts and becomes our strength and help. He changes us and delivers us from the life of sin.
- We begin to live a new and abundant life.
- There are a lot more blessings that there is not enough space to list here!
How should I confess my sins and accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour?
By prayer, you can confess your sins to Jesus and express your decision of receiving Him as your Saviour. (Prayer is speaking honestly to God.)
You can say the following prayer personally to God:
“Dear Lord Jesus, thank You very much that You love me and died for me. You took my place to suffer the punishment of my sins. I now accept You as my Saviour. Please forgive me the sins of my life and give me strength to live a new and abundant life. Honestly I pray.”
Do the words above express the decision in your heart?
If so, pray the same prayer to Him now!
My friend, there are already millions of people who have received the abundant life through their honest prayer to the Lord Jesus.
If you have accepted Jesus to be your Saviour and have asked Him for His forgiveness, I must congratulate you! For according to His promises in the Bible, God has forgiven you and has made you His child. You are now starting on a new and abundant life.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
Used by permission. All rights reserved.
If you want to know more about Lord, please feel free to contact us.